Wow, what a year it’s been! I have grown as an educator, husband, father, and person. What do I have to be proud of?
– I am now 83 pounds lighter than I was at my heaviest weight 5 years ago.
– I have accepted that my wife will do what it takes for me to do my job to the best of my ability.
– I have worked more efficiently and effectively as a teacher with the reward of more family time.
– I have joined several school committees and engaged in more conversation outside my classroom.
– I have become more active on Twitter and used the chats to grow, learn, and collaborate with great minds from around the world.
– I have watched my girls grow this year in school and at home, and played with them more.
– Far less catches me by surprise now as I have returned to seeing issues before they arise, something that used to be a strength of mine and is again.
So what do I still have to work on in 2014?
– I need to continue losing weight, with the goal of 50 more pounds by May.
– I need to continue to respect what my wife does for our family and the sacrifices she makes to help us have a quality life.
– I need to continue to include new projects and technology into my curriculum, especially composition and music creation.
– I need to do more reading and research to support my continued involvement on school committees.
– I need to blog more often and continue expanding my social media and professional learning network.
– I need to play with the girls even more and simultaneously be more involved in their education.
– I need to get my leadership hat on and develop recruitment this semester.
I think I’ve had a pretty good year and still have plenty to work on. I hope you have a lot to be proud of, a list to work on, and a great new year!